Sunday, September 03, 2006

Once upon a time . . .

. . . I grew a beard. It was for a "mountain man" competition among some GTA's. We read about a similar competition held at a different school among a similar group of grad students. So we decided to try it ourselves. Unfortunately, I was also parting my hair at that time.


Take a look at the competition page. Personally, I think I won. However, Raj had the ability to puff his beard out with a comb before the final pictures were taken. In other words, he cheated.

This was years ago (2003). However, today someone did a Google Images search for my name and these images turned up. Thank you, Google, for keeping everything current. I think they call this the "long tail" effect or something.

So there ya' go. Bearded and hair-parted Ted.


I so won that competition. Damn you Raj and your fro pick (and puffy cheeks, I think?).

No comments: