Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sovereigns of Suitability

Today the "party shuffle" hit a Kings of Convenience track. I had completely forgot that I had Kings of Convenience music. I'm really happy that I've rediscovered this band that was buried in my music library.

Kings of Convenience

Kings of Convenience are most well-known for their "I'd Rather Dance With You." A preview of the song is available at their last.fm page. Bands that are similar to Kings include Belle and Sebastian, AIR, Iron & Wine, Phoenix, The Arcade Fire, Sufjan Stevens, The Shins, Nick Drake, The Postal Service, Elliott Smith, and really many more. If you dig at least a couple of names off of that list, then you'll like Kings.

I think the reason I kept disregarding them is because I kept thinking that upcoming Kings tracks were Kings of Leon tracks, and so they'd get skipped when I wasn't in a Kings of Leon mood. However, many times when I wasn't in a Kings of Leon mood I was in a Kings of Convenience mood.

So give them a look see.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: