Monday, July 24, 2006

She ain't heavy, she's just pregnant . . .

Read this on one of my RSS feeds today... I thought it was pretty funny.

What I Love in Dallas
Yesterday (see also, Does Anything NOT Go With Alcohol?) we discovered a new game: pretending like you are drinking to celebrate a pregnancy. For example, if the waiter asks (as if you need an excuse to be double fisting tequila) just tell him you're celebrating because Double Fisting Girl is knocked up. It's awesome. Note: this joke works best when DFG is model skinny and would never be accused (even by my ninth graders) of being pregnant for real.

I told Jenn about it, who responded that she bummed a cigarette off of someone at a bar the other night -- it was the first grit she's had in a long time. Sam, the guy she was with, responded, "She can't! She's pregnant! What about the baby?!"

I thought Sam was funny.

Then Jenn proceeded to make fun of me for going to a state school. This from the girl who needs help on her microeconomics take home final. (yeah, I said it)

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

laura said...

I'm so honored to be mentioned in your blog, thanks! And I love the cig story. Great idea.