Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pooma: An animal of its own

So, tonight I went out with a few conflicting feelings, which unfortunately didn't seem to get any less conflicted through the night... However, then I ran into this band Pooma playing in this little hole-in-the-wall bar, and there was nothing conflicting about how I felt about this band.

These four guys are all pretty young; however, they easily kick any other jazz band their age all over around the playground. They're just that good.

I was especially impressed with the guitar and trombone solos. These guys were a lot of fun. They're all very talented. I'm glad to have been introduced to them.

So Columbus/ATHENS/Ohio folk... If you ever see that Pooma is playing near you, give them a shot. I'm told they have a great cover of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" that combines Britney Spears with Coltrane, and it's something you just can't miss.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: