Saturday, July 15, 2006

I Don't Know What I Can Save You From

The iTunes party shuffle has done an especially good job in the last few minutes . . .
  • "I Love You Mary Jane" (feat. Sonic Youth) -- Cypress Hill (Unreleased Assassins)

  • "Union Square" -- Tom Waits (Rain Dogs)

  • "I Don't Know What I Can Save You From" -- Kings of Convenience (Quiet Is the New Loud)

  • "Jesus, etc." -- Wilco (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)

  • "Samson" -- Regina Spektor (Begin to Hope)

  • "All I Need" -- Air (Felicity)

  • "Happy Frappy" -- Guster (Parachute)

  • "Black Swan" -- Thom Yorke (The Eraser)

  • "Take the Fifth" -- Spoon (Girls Can Tell)
And it just KEEPS ON GOING! I really dig all of these choices so far. I'm excited.

While I'm on a Kings of Convenience kick, let me point out that "I Don't Know What I Can Save You From" is an excellent song. It's pretty. It's slow but still danceable. And the lyrics are pretty nifty . . .
You called me after midnight,
it must have been three years since we last spoke.
I slowly tried to bring back
the image of your face from the memories so old.
I tried so hard to follow,
but didn't catch a half of what had gone wrong,
said "I don't know what I can save you from. "
I don't know what I can save you from.
I asked you to come over,
and within half an hour,
you were at my door.
I had never really known you,
but I realized that the one you were before,
had changed into somebody for whom
I wouldn't mind to put the kettle on.
Still I don't know what I can save you from.
I don't know what I can save you from.(4 times)
Great stuff. Check it out.

No comments: