Sunday, April 30, 2006

Two Great Finds: Hard-FI and PerlTeX

Two things have made me pretty happy today, PerlTeX and the Hard-FI album Stars of CCTV.

I'll start with the latter. A really popular song of off this album is Cash Machine. If you did it, then I think you'll dig the rest of the songs on the album. I really like the acoustic version of the song (also on the album). I also like the acoustic version of Hard to Beat (of course, there are lots of remixes of this song).

( another good song off of the album that is notable because it is a lot slower than the rest is Move On Now. I never realized the last verse of this song existed until I looked at the lyrics and listened to the song with headphones on... He sings it very softly )

( side note: the little Griffin in-ear headphones I'm using now are amazing... Really great sound quality yet the sound is all mine. No radiating acoustic waves from Teddy-poo )

Now the former. There's a good example of its niftiness in this message. It basically allows you to embed Perl within your LaTeX document. This probably screws up the portability of your document, but if you don't plan on trading the document source with anyone, I think it can be immensely helpful.

Alright... I'm going to get back to feeling guilty for working at Panera during lunch time...

No comments: