Saturday, July 09, 2005

Apparently there's a CATHOLIC evolution

Leading Cardinal Redefines Church's View on Evolution
The cardinal, Christoph Schönborn, archbishop of Vienna, a theologian who is close to Pope Benedict XVI, staked out his position in an Op-Ed article in The New York Times on Thursday, writing, "Evolution in the sense of common ancestry might be true, but evolution in the neo-Darwinian sense - an unguided, unplanned process of random variation and natural selection - is not."

So apparently there's not only intelligent design, but there are various forms of evolution, and some of them are acceptable to the Catholic Church and some of them are not.

First they rape boys, then they rape science. I guess that's the M.O. of the Catholic Church. (maybe I'm being a little too harsh; Catholics I know say that the Church really isn't being as anti-Darwin as they sound in this particular Op-Ed; I just think it'd be nice if they stayed out of the whole thing entirely)

1 comment:

Ted Pavlic said...

HOLY CRAP! (literally)

In fact, to elevate things to Batman like proportions:

HOLY CRAP, FOX SPRITE!

I've added that site to my "competitive ad filter" on Google Adsense. Personally, I'm not convinced the filter works, but hopefully within a few hours they'll stop linking to THAT!