Sunday, June 19, 2005

Recurring Dre-jection

For the past couple of days, I've been having dreams that were not identical but all went about the same way and had the same theme. In all of these dreams, I end up asking women out and being rejected every time. In some of these dreams, it's over the phone. I'll leave a voice message expecting a response and never receive one. In some of these dreams, it's in person. I'll walk up to someone and they'll turn away or give me a "stop" hand or something similar. In some of these dreams there are multiple rejections (there have never been multiple rejections from one woman, but there have been single rejections from multiple women). In these dreams I not only experience my own disappointment, but I also know how the other people in the dream feel, which is even more disappointing because in every case, the rejection is not because the women end up not being single or not looking to date. In many cases, these are women who are looking for a date. It's me, personally, that's their key reason for the rejection.

Keep in mind that I'm no playa'. I don't devote a great deal of resources to this sort of pursuit. These dreams have really no relationship with real life for me. It's like having a dream about doing cartwheels on Mars...

Needless to say, I wake up feeling utterly rejected. In the last week, I've been rejected by at least fifteen different women. That's a lot to take! However, what's really interesting is that it hasn't been that bad. I still wake up every morning, and quickly after the morning the feeling wears off. It's not the end of the world, and in the dreams I shake it off and go along my way... Like the lounge lizard I am, I guess.

So in the end, I think it's been a positive experience.

I just hope I don't get hooked on these dreams. I'd rather they be on the nightmare half of the dream spectrum rather than the fantasy half, ya' know?

Anyway... It's been quite a week.

No comments: