Saturday, June 11, 2005

Political Comp-Ass

So I went to www.politicalcompass.org and scored:

Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

So on a political compass with:
North=Authoritarian (Fascism)
East=Right (Neo-liberalism)
South=Social Libertarian (Anarchism)
West=Left (Communism)

I'm apparently about (almost directly) southwest (i.e., "quadrant III"). The axes, by the way, go from -10 to 10.

Now, first of all, I've never been a fan of categorizing people in this way, and I think that "I am a fan of categorizing people this way" should be one of the questions on the quiz (in which you specify how much you agree/disagree). :)

Second of all, I expected this result from the quiz. In fact, you should say I was shooting for it. Does that really mean I'm -4.63/-7.23? Or does that mean I like people to think I'm -4.63/-7.23, but I might live my life in a completely different way. And does it matter? Is it okay to say you are the rhetoric that you speak, just because you speak it?

I think it's an important question, because it's interesting to me that I might vote Democrat just as an extension of this rhetoric, and the Democrat that I elect may make major changes to my local, state, or national government, and I'll be forced to agree with those changes in order to be consistent in my rhetoric. However, is my rhetoric consistent with the life I lead?

I just think it's sorta funny to think that there might be this dichotomy and I might not even be conscious of it... (great, now I'm starting to sound like Jenn's boyfriend...)
 

No comments: